Calling all foodies! It’s time for a reality check: Deliveroo, the popular food delivery app, has unfortunately doubled its service fee as of today, January 31st, 2024. This means you can expect to pay an extra 5% on your orders, capped at a maximum of £2.49.
But fear not, fellow takeaway enthusiasts! This post will arm you with the knowledge to navigate the new fee landscape and still score delicious meals without breaking the bank.
Discounts to the Rescue:
- Student Beans: Offers exclusive deals and discounts on various retailers, including Deliveroo.
- UNiDAYS: Similar to Student Beans, providing discounts for students specifically.
- TOTUM: Offers discounts for students and young people, including occasional Deliveroo deals.
Don’t Forget the General Public:
- Deliveroo Plus: While not exactly a discount, subscribing to Deliveroo Plus offers unlimited free delivery for orders above £25, potentially offsetting the service fee hike for frequent users.
- Promotional codes: Keep an eye out for seasonal and retailer-specific promo codes that can help you save on your order.
Competition Heats Up:
- Just Eat: Direct competitor, offers similar service with a different fee structure and restaurant selection.
- Uber Eats: Another major player, known for its fast delivery times and competitive pricing.
- HungryPanda: Focuses on Asian cuisine with competitive delivery fees.
- Grocery delivery: Consider trying grocery delivery services like Ocado or Tesco Direct to stock up on essentials and avoid delivery fees altogether.
- Restaurant collection: Skip the delivery fee by picking up your order directly from the restaurant. This can be a great way to save money and support local businesses.
Emergency Services Discounts:
Our heroes deserve a break too! Here are some resources for emergency service personnel to enjoy discounts on Deliveroo and other services:
- Defence Discount Service: Offers exclusive deals and discounts for members of the armed forces, including Deliveroo.
- Blue Light Card: Provides discounts for various services, including Deliveroo, for emergency service workers, NHS staff, and social care workers.
Also There Is:
- Independent delivery services: Many local restaurants offer their own delivery services, which can be more affordable than using a third-party app like Deliveroo.
- Cooking at home: While it might not be as convenient, cooking at home is often the most budget-friendly option. Plus, you can control the ingredients and portion sizes!
Remember: This information is accurate as of January 31st, 2024. Be sure to check directly with the mentioned services and retailers for the latest deals and pricing.
Happy (and affordable) eating!