Fancy a refreshing Sprite without the usual plastic label clutter? Well, now you can! Coca-Cola has launched a limited trial in the UK, stripping the iconic green labels off its on-the-go Sprite and Sprite Zero bottles. This bold move aims to simplify the recycling process and boost sustainability efforts. But is this a refreshing change or a fizzy flop? Let’s dive in!
The Label-Less Lowdown:
This trial, running throughout January 2024, applies to 500ml rPET bottles (made from recycled plastic). The labels themselves haven’t vanished completely; they’re now printed directly onto the bottle using a special laser technology. This eliminates the need for separate labels, making them easier to recycle and potentially reducing waste.
But wait, are there any discounts?
While this isn’t a brand new product launch, there are always ways to quench your thirst for deals! Here are some resources to keep your wallet happy:
- General Public Discounts: Keep an eye on Coca-Cola’s website and social media for promotions and special offers. They often partner with retailers like Tesco, Sainsbury’s, and ASDA, so check their websites too.
- Student Discounts: UNiDAYS and Student Beans offer exclusive deals on various products, including drinks. Check their websites regularly for potential Sprite savings.
Feeling competitive? Here’s what’s out there:
- Schweppes Lemonade: A classic contender, available in various flavors and sizes. Check out their website for deals and promotions.
- 7UP Free: Another popular option, particularly for those seeking a sugar-free choice. Visit their website for more information.
- Own-brand fizzy drinks: Many UK supermarkets offer their own lines of fizzy drinks, often at competitive prices. Compare prices and flavors at Tesco, Sainsbury’s, ASDA, and Morrisons.
Emergency Services Shoutout!
Here are some resources for emergency service personnel to access discounts:
- Defence Discount Service: Defence Discount Service offers exclusive deals on various brands, including food and drink.
- Blue Light Card: Blue Light Card provides discounts across a wide range of retailers, including supermarkets and restaurants.
- TOTUM: TOTUM offers discounts specifically for students and young people, including emergency service personnel under 30.
Also There Is…
Keep in mind that other brands like Fanta, Lilt, and Barr offer similar fizzy drinks, so explore your options and find your perfect match!
While it’s too early to say definitively if label-less packaging is the future, this trial is a promising step towards a more sustainable future. It’ll be interesting to see the results and if other brands follow suit. So, grab a label-less Sprite (if you can find one!) and let us know what you think!
- This information is accurate as of January 29, 2024. Always check retailer websites for the latest deals and availability.
- Drink responsibly and stay hydrated!